Saturday, November 26, 2016

Simple Ticket to Financial Freedom Great for Average or Below Average Pinoys

Do you share the same sentiments I have by not saving money during your younger years? If you haven't realized this yet then it's a good thing your reading this article. For years, I have read countless articles about how to achieve financial freedom but didn't really thought much about it. I still continue to spend most of what I've earned by buying useless things that I didn't really need.

Believe it or not, there's really no shortcut to attaining financial freedom except Saving

Saving your earnings no matter how little it may seem is essential. For starters it's not really about the amount you save but by getting used to the habit of saving money that's so important. If you figure out your motivation for saving then it'll be easier to make this practice a habit. In my previous article, I mentioned about overcoming the shopaholic mentality and how this has made my life happier. Shopping for unnecessary things used to give me happiness that was only temporary.  At the end of the day I felt utterly helpless and sad because I was weak and allowed myself to be tempted by those things.

Change your perception of Success

I felt that changing my perception of success strengthened my resolve in dealing with my shopaholic mentality and  allowed me to focus on my goals. So, how did I change my perception of success? Let me discuss first what I thought about success in the past. I used to think that people with the latest gadgets or people who seem like they have a lot of money were successful. But when I changed my perception that people who didn't spend a lot but have huge savings were the real successful people, saving became easy. Ask yourself this, how much can I save after every payday if I spend this much? If you are tempted to buy clothes, ask yourself how many blouses or dresses do you really need to survive? Will it make much of a difference in your appearance if you spend a fortune on new dresses or bags? If we accept that saving is our responsibility and not the responsibility of others then I'm sure you won't have a hard time.

Avoid debt as much as possible

Most of all, avoid spending money you don't have. Someone wise used to say, "Treat your money like your blood." Think twice or even thrice before you take out your money. Credit cards or loans may seem like a good idea at first but you'll lose money if you don't pay it off sooner. Because of mistakes I've made in the past I've learned that living a simple life is also essential in attaining financial freedom. If you haven't realized this yet, sacrifice is always part of life. We sacrifice our wants and limit ourselves to our needs. Make this a habit eventually you'll realize that saving money doesn't have to be complicated.







No comments:

Post a Comment